According to Paul Davidson, CEO of Universities Canada, the number of international students at Canadian universities decreased by 2.1% during the period 2020-2021 compared to the academic year 2019-2020. The number of international students in universities has generally increased by more than 10% over the past five years. Thus, It is a huge setback amidst the pandemic crisis. Universities Canada includes 96 universities, and 51 of these institutions have reduced international student enrollment. In total, 26 educational institutions have lost more than 10% of their international students.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy