Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting lockdowns and restrictions on non-essential travel, the number of international tourists arriving in Canada has dropped more than 90 percent. Data provided by Canada Border Services Agency indicates that 35.6 million tourists arrived in Canada between March 2019 and mid-February 2020. This number dropped down to only 1.9 million between March 2020 and February 2021. Overall, the number of people arriving in Canada through international flights dropped more than 90 percent as compared to the pre-pandemic period.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights