Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting lockdowns and restrictions on non-essential travel, the number of international tourists arriving in Canada has dropped more than 90 percent. Data provided by Canada Border Services Agency indicates that 35.6 million tourists arrived in Canada between March 2019 and mid-February 2020. This number dropped down to only 1.9 million between March 2020 and February 2021. Overall, the number of people arriving in Canada through international flights dropped more than 90 percent as compared to the pre-pandemic period.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech