Canada approved 123,312 applications for Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs) from Canadian Employers wishing to hire Temporary Foreign Workers. The highest number of approved LMIAs was for employers in Ontario – 40,053 (32.5%). Quebec is second with 32,965 LMIAs (26.7%). British Columbia was the third with 30,380 approved LMIAs (24.6%). These three provinces combined hold 83.8% of all approved LMIAs in 2020. The biggest drop in LMIAs was in Alberta – while in 2019 there were 12,834 LMIAs, due to limitations imposed by the provincial governments on LMIAs for certain NOCs, there were only 8,045 in 2020.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech