Timmins, ON is one of the eleven Canadian communities and one of the five communities in Ontario approved for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). Timmins concentrated on attracting immigrants in the four following sectors healthcare & social work, licensed and unlicensed trades, business administration, and information technology. In addition, the community allocated up to 15 spots for the open NOC applicants. As of March 9, 2021, Timmins has received the maximum number of applications for NOC 6211 Retail sales supervisors and NOC 6311 Food services supervisors. There were three spots for each of them. More applications in those NOCs will be available only in 2022.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights