Timmins, ON is one of the eleven Canadian communities and one of the five communities in Ontario approved for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). Timmins concentrated on attracting immigrants in the four following sectors healthcare & social work, licensed and unlicensed trades, business administration, and information technology. In addition, the community allocated up to 15 spots for the open NOC applicants. As of March 9, 2021, Timmins has received the maximum number of applications for NOC 6211 Retail sales supervisors and NOC 6311 Food services supervisors. There were three spots for each of them. More applications in those NOCs will be available only in 2022.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs