On May 5, 2021, Yukon’s Premier Sandy Silver announced plans to ease travel restrictions in the coming weeks. Starting May 25, people arriving in Yukon will not have to self-isolate if they are fully vaccinated with a Health Canada-approved vaccine. Children and youth who have not received the COVID-19 vaccine are not included in this exemption until they are able to be vaccinated. As of May 3, in Yukon, 65 percent of eligible adults had both shots of vaccine and 74 percent had their first doses.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy