This visa seeks to bring immediate and extended families together. Candidates looking to migrate under the Family migration scheme must be sponsored by an Australian citizen who is a close family relative, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and at least 18 years of age.

Partner Visa
Subclass 820 and 801

The Temporary Partner Visa allows you to stay in Australia permanently with your family, spouse or de facto partner. You must be in the country when you apply as well as when this visa is decided.

The 820 visa allows you to live in Australia if you’re the spouse or de facto (opposite and same-sex) partner of:

  • An Australian citizen
  • An Australian permanent resident
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen
  • In some circumstances the visa can be granted where the relationship with your partner has ended

With an 820 visa, you can:

  • Stay in Australia until a decision is made re your permanent Partner visa
  • Work in Australia
  • Study in Australia without government funding
  • Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s health care scheme
  • Include your dependent children in your application, but not other dependent relatives (unless you hold or held a Prospective Marriage visa). Dependent applicants must be in Australia when they apply.

The 820 visa is the first step towards attaining a Permanent Partner visa (subclass 801). Only one application lodge form and one application charge is necessary for your temporary and permanent visas. Your application will be processed in two stages, about two years apart.

With an 801 visa, you can:

  • Stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • Receive some social security payments
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time you will need another visa to enter Australia.

Prospective Marriage Visa
Subclass 300

This temporary visa is valid for nine (9) months and enables fiance(e)s of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens to enter Australia to marry their fiance(e).

It stipulates that you must marry within the visa’s validity period and are required to apply for an Australian Partner Visa if you want to stay in Australia permanently you’re your spouse.

This visa allows you to:

  • Enter Australia before you marry your prospective spouse
  • Travel in and out of Australia as often as you want
  • Work in Australia (some employers won’t people with temporary visas)
  • Study in Australia without government funding for tertiary study
  • Apply for a Partner visa, in Australia, after your marriage.

We offer Canada Immigration Services to clients across Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Markham, Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Newmarket, Oshawa, Ajax, Scarborough, Aurora, Pickering, North York, Whitby, Stouffville, Uxbridge, Etobicoke, Oakville, Caledon, Innisfil, King City, Thornton, Port Perry, GTA, and overseas as well.

Our Australian Immigration Services Include