On September 21, 2021, the results of the 44th Parliamentary election were revealed. The Liberal Party of Canada, led by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, was re-elected and won a Minority Government with 32% of the vote and 158 seats. After the re-election of Liberals, the Liberal immigration program which has been underway since 2015 is expected to continue. This means the Government will continue to welcome more immigrants to support Canada’s economic recovery after the pandemic, as well as to reunite families, help refugees and welcome more foreign workers and international students. One of the long-expected changes is the removal of the citizenship fee.
- The survey revealed racist workplace behaviour at IRCC
- Private Canadian career colleges call the Government to make their international students PGWP-eligible
- Council of Atlantic Ministers of Education and Training launched a website for students
- Saskatchewan issued more invitations to international graduates under the SINP
- Ontario may lift language and license requirements for in-Canada immigrants
- Prince Edward Island invited 204 candidates under the PEI PNP