According to the data of the World Passport Index from Henley & Partners, in 2021, Canada’s passport is still considered one of the most powerful. The rating shows the opportunities for visa-free travel for citizens of different countries of the world. Canada tied for 9th place alongside Australia. With a Canadian passport, you can travel to 185 countries without having to apply for a visa. The Japanese passport still ranks first in the Index, which means that the borders of 193 countries of the world are open to Japanese citizens. In second place is the Singapore passport, which opens up the possibility for visa-free travel to 192 countries of the world. In third place are Germany and South Korea with 191 open countries.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy