On April 27, 2021, Alberta released a new update about the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) inventory. The province received 2,050 applications in the Alberta Opportunity Stream and 275 Expressions of Interest (EOI) in the Alberta Express Entry Stream. These applications are waiting for the eligibility assessment. In addition, on April 20, 2021, Alberta held a new round in the Alberta Express Entry Stream and issued 200 Notifications of Interest (NOI). The lowest score in this round decreased by one point and was 301 points. In 2021, AINP already invited 1,409 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in the Alberta Express Entry. The 2021 quota for AINP has not been announced yet.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy