On May 11, 2021, Alberta released a new update about the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) inventory. Alberta received 1,900 applications in the Alberta Opportunity Stream and 350 Expressions of Interest (EOI) in the Alberta Express Entry Stream. These applications are waiting for the eligibility assessment. In addition, on May 5, 2021, Alberta held a new round in the Alberta Express Entry Stream and issued 250 Notifications of Interest (NOI). The lowest score in this round was 300 points. In 2021, AINP already invited 1,659 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in the Alberta Express Entry. The 2021 quota for AINP has not been announced yet.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory