On September 2, 2022, Alberta published the update of the inventory of the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP). According to the new update, there were around 1,160 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 300 Expressions of Interest in the Alberta Express Entry pool. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) provided 6,250 nomination certificates to Alberta in 2021 for nominations under the AAIP, and the provincial government issued all 6,250 certificates last year. For 2022, IRCC provided 6,500 nominations for the AAIP. In 2022, Alberta has nominated 4,497 applicants and invited 2,320 candidates.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs