On May 6, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has launched six new temporary immigration programs aimed at essential workers and international graduates. Despite many technical problems with registration, document uploads, and processing fee payments, the system accepted almost 37,500 out of 90,000 applications. As of 10:30 PM EST, IRCC accepted 508 applications from healthcare workers, 3,845 applications from essential, non-healthcare workers, and 32,293 applications from international graduates. As for the similar streams for Francophone candidates, there were 5, 169, and 38 applications, respectively. Most likely, the cap for international graduates will be reached in 1-2 days. At the same time, there are still many spots available in the other streams.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy