More than 250 Mexicans pursuing the dream of working in Canada fell victim to labour fraud after losing their money for an opportunity that never came. A network of scammers attracts their victims with attractive labour proposals in Latin countries, mainly Mexico, as Canada is one of the most popular destinations for those seeking new job opportunities. Latin consulates in Canada and Immigration offices of all involved areas have started campaigns to sound the alert on these unfortunate incidents. Applicants are encouraged to verify a job offer through official government authorities like IRCC or ESDC.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province