The Government of Canada continues to urge visitors to use the ArriveCan app when they arrive in Canada. According to Mark Webber, president of the Customs and Immigration Union, the excessive reliance on technology and the ArriveCAN app are responsible for delays at Canadian airports. He called on the Government to address issues users may have with the app. Just a few weeks ago, mayors and business executives from communities on Canada’s shared border with the United States called for the Canadian Government to discontinue the app.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs