On May 28, 2021, British Columbia announced that the BC PNP Tech Pilot has been extended indefinitely to provide B.C. tech employers with the continued ability to recruit and address workforce needs by prioritizing 29 in-demand tech occupations. The program was renamed BC PNP Tech. BC PNP Tech will continue with the existing job offer criteria. The job offer must be for a single job in one of the 29 occupations eligible under the BC PNP Tech; must be at least one year in duration (365 days); and must be at least 120 calendar days remaining on the job offer at the time of application. Longer duration job offers, including indeterminate (permanent, or with no set end date) job offers, will continue to be eligible for the program.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights