On June 17, 2021, British Columbia (BC) published a Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) Statistical Report 2020. The report is an overview of key program statistics for the 2020 calendar year and provides a complete picture of a range of statistical results about the program, as well as nominations, occupations, nominees’ wages, countries of origin, and regional distribution of nominees in the province. The BC PNP Statistical Report has been produced annually since 2016 to share the main program statistical results for every calendar year. In 2020, BC invited 9,386 candidates which resulted in 6,988 applications. In total, BC received 8,148 applications, including those invited at the end of 2019. The province nominated 6,251 candidates and 17 entrepreneurs.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122