IRCC announced a new Open Work Permit for international student graduates, essential workers and medical workers. Starting on July 26, temporary residents who have successfully applied for the new May 6 immigration policy will be eligible to apply for a new open work permit to legally stay in Canada while waiting for their application decision. Without this new open work permit, applicants under the new policy would have to leave Canada if their current temporary status expires, even if they have already applied for PR. According to Minister of Immigration Marco Mendicino, a new work permit issued under this policy will be valid from the date of issuance to December 31, 2022.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory