On June 1, 2021, British Columbia held this year’s eleventh draw in the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Tech Program (BC PNP Tech). In this draw, the province invited 68 candidates in four categories: Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker, Skills Immigration – International Graduate, Express Entry British Columbia – Skilled Worker, and Express Entry British Columbia – International Graduate. The lowest score in all categories traditionally was 80 points. In 2021, British Columbia invited 916 candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in the BCPNP Tech. In total, BCPNP issued 4,876 ITAs to date.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy