On July 19, 2021, British Columbia (BC) temporarily stopped the intake of new registrations to the Entrepreneur Immigration (EI) – Base category. This will allow the province to review the EI – Base category to ensure it continues to meet its objectives to support government priorities and economic recovery. The temporary pause will not affect individuals who have already submitted a registration or application, as they will remain active in the system and will continue to be processed through to final decisions. BC will update when registrations are likely to resume in early 2022.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122