On July 19, 2021, British Columbia (BC) temporarily stopped the intake of new registrations to the Entrepreneur Immigration (EI) – Base category. This will allow the province to review the EI – Base category to ensure it continues to meet its objectives to support government priorities and economic recovery. The temporary pause will not affect individuals who have already submitted a registration or application, as they will remain active in the system and will continue to be processed through to final decisions. BC will update when registrations are likely to resume in early 2022.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory