On June 8, 2021, the Government of Canada announced 2 new permanent residence pathways for Hong Kong residents. The new pathway came into force on June 1, 2021, and will be in place until August 31, 2026. Hongkongers who have educational credentials at a post-secondary designated learning institution, or those who have at least 1 year of full-time work experience in Canada in the last 3 years can apply through the new programs. Eligible Hong Kong residents in Canada must possess a valid temporary resident status, be in Canada both when they submit their application and when their permanent residence is granted as well as meet the specified language, education, work, and eligibility requirements.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights