Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) published a report introducing detention statistics. According to the report, from 2017 to September 30, 2021, CBSA detained 9,800 individuals for removal. CBSA can detain individuals under Section 55 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). The reasons for detention may be examination, suspicion of criminality, suspicion of inadmissibility on grounds of security, suspicion of inadmissibility on grounds of human or international rights violation, failure to provide an identity, danger to the public, etc.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs