The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has an urgent need to hire a global technology company to develop a new biometric strategy in response to rapidly evolving issues including COVID-19. The CBSA invited 15 firms to submit proposals for immediately setting up an Office of Biometrics and Identity Management. Biometric information is a unique identifier and is considered useful in managing the passage of people across borders. Canada’s border agency’s establishment of a proactive and systematic approach to the adoption of more biometrics at the border in the form of a new office shows the Government’s effective response to the changing environment.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122