In Canada, Chinese students make up a significant proportion of international students. While many international students are keen to stay in Canada, the majority of Chinese students have no intention to stay. After graduation, they possess a set of attributes for Canadian employers – a coveted diploma, language skills, and probably Canadian work experience. In 2019, more than 140,000 Chinese students had study permits in Canada. Although China seems less appealing to those outside its borders, it is becoming more desirable to many of its own people.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122