In Canada, Chinese students make up a significant proportion of international students. While many international students are keen to stay in Canada, the majority of Chinese students have no intention to stay. After graduation, they possess a set of attributes for Canadian employers – a coveted diploma, language skills, and probably Canadian work experience. In 2019, more than 140,000 Chinese students had study permits in Canada. Although China seems less appealing to those outside its borders, it is becoming more desirable to many of its own people.
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory
- Ottawa introduced new measures for extended families of Afghan interpreters
- IRCC held a new PNP-targeted Express Entry draw
- New Brunswick’s Nepisiguit Mi’gmaq Trail is one of the top destinations in the world
- British Columbia invited 357 candidates in the new draw of the BCPNP