On August 16, 2021, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau revealed the number of refugees Canada has helped to flee Afghanistan. According to Prime Minister, the Government of Canada has evacuated 807 Afghans under the program announced last month to resettle the families of Afghan interpreters and other support staff who worked with the Canadian Armed Forces and the diplomatic mission in Afghanistan. More than 500 Afghan people, as well as 34 Canadian diplomats and Canadian Armed Forces personnel, have already arrived in Canada.
- Accompagnement Quebec is offered to sponsored refugees
- Thunder Bay held a new round of recommendations in the RNIP
- New Brunswick launched a new pilot program for international graduates of private career colleges
- The Conservative Party of Canada introduced Canada’s recovery plan
- Ontario invited candidates in the Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate streams
- Canada invited 463 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #201