Canada has received more than 5,700 applications after Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the start of the new Immigration pathway for residents of Hong Kong on February 4, 2021. Alexander Cohen, press secretary to Minister Mendicino, said Canada typically received about 1,500 to 2,000 work-permit applications from Hong Kongers annually. This means the outstanding amounts of applications submitted in the first three months, roughly triple the number that usually applies in a full year. According to the special Immigration pathway for Hong Kongers, applicants may apply for open work permits for up to 3 years if they graduated with a Canadian post-secondary diploma or degree in the last 5 years.
- Statistics Canada: The national economy is growing
- Canada updated qualifying work experience section for Canadian Experience Class
- Alberta published a new AINP nomination statistics
- Canada keeps restricting travel measures
- Chinese woman’s father with hepatitis was refused immigration through family reunification
- At least five Indian students die every month in Canada