As Canada’s economy recovers in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare and construction jobs are booming which provides new opportunities both for new immigrants and those who want to immigrate here. According to the report of Statistics Canada, ‘there were 553,500 job vacancies in the first quarter of 2021, up by 40,700, or 7.9 percent, from the same quarter one year earlier and by 47,300, or 9.4 percent, compared with two years earlier.” The most in-demand jobs were in the healthcare and social assistance sector. The other large portion of the increase in vacancies was in the construction sector in all Canadian provinces.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory