On July 19, 2021, the Government of Canada extended travel restrictions for all direct passenger and business flights from India for another month, until August 21, 2021, although India has asked Canada to lift the travel ban on direct flights. According to India’s High Commissioner Ajay Bisaria, there is an extensive demand for both Indian and Canadian passengers to go to India, and people from India also want to come to Canada. Mississauga, Brampton, and British Columbia are known for the largest Indian population in Canada.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122