On June 9, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held a new Express Entry draw. In invitation round #191, Canada issued Invitations to Apply (ITA) to 940 candidates under the Provincial Nominee Program. The lowest score in this round was 711 points, 2 points less compared to the previous PNP-specific draw which occurred on May 26. The tie-breaking rule for this round was September 5, 2020, at 19:39:04 UTC. As of June 7, 2021, there are 166,786 profiles registered in the pool. In total, in 2021, Canada invited 75,713 foreign nationals to apply for permanent residence under Express Entry.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy