On July 15, 2021, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Marco Mendicino announced that starting from July 26, 2021, applicants of the recently opened pathway to permanent residence will be eligible for an open work permit while awaiting the results of their application. The new pathway to permanent residence was opened for 90,000 essential workers and international students who graduated from a Canadian institution on May 6, 2021. Applications for the new work permit will be accepted online. Additional details about the application process will be added to IRCC’s website on July 26, 2021. Open work permits issued under this policy will be valid until December 31, 2022.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory