On August 6, 2021, the Government of Canada published new instructions for out-of-status construction workers in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). These new guidelines replace the temporary public policy for out-of-status construction workers in the GTA that has been in effect from January 2, 2020 to July 29, 2021, to help further facilitate access to permanent residency (PR) for these employees. The Government also revised the PR eligibility criteria for the program. The new instructions took effect on July 30, 2021.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory