On August 16, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced a new program delivery update for Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). As of now, foreign nationals who have applied for permanent residence under the RNIP Program and received an acknowledgment of receipt may be issued a full 1-year employer-specific Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-exempt work permit, under paragraph 205(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), or until the passport’s expiry date, whichever comes first. Applicants are not eligible to apply for the RNIP work permit at a port of entry. All applications must be submitted online only.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory