On August 25, 2022, the Government of Canada announced that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) created a transition period for measures allowing international students to pursue their studies online from abroad. IRCC extended the distance learning measures until August 31, 2023. International students who submit a study permit application no later than August 31, 2022, will be able to complete up to 100% of their program online and remain eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP). However, study time from September 1, 2023, will be deducted from the length of students’ post-graduation work permits, regardless of when they began their studies.
- BCPNP invited up to 10 candidates under the Entrepreneur Streams
- Iranian-Canadians feel like second-class citizens while travelling to the US
- British Columbia invited up to 259 candidates under various streams of the BCPNP
- IRCC invited new candidates under the all-program Express Entry draw
- Immigration Minister provided an update on working to improve services at IRCC
- OINP issued 781 invitations through the Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate streams