On June 11, 2021, the Government of Canada updated guidance for open work permits for vulnerable workers in International Mobility Program. New instructions have been added to the guidance on abuse specific to the context of COVID-19. Migrants working in Canada on valid employer-specific work permits who are experiencing abuse, or those at risk of abuse may be eligible to receive an open work permit that is exempt from the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) process, per section 207.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). The Government also provided a link to the new form Letter of Explanation for Open Work Permit for Vulnerable Workers (IMM 0017).
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory