The Government of Canada issued new guidance for special measures to help Hong Kong residents to immigrate to Canada. The guidance provides new instructions on the administration of temporary and permanent residence measures for Hong Kong youth and facilitative measures to support family reunification for those who meet the eligibility criteria. In addition, the Government created a new Org ID specifically for open work permit applications. The guidance clarified that open work permit fees will be collected from applicants applying under a public policy.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy