On August 2, 2022, the Government of Canada published new guidelines for foreign nationals with expired or expiring post-graduation work permits (PGWP) and those applying to the temporary resident to permanent resident (TR2PR) pathways. Since the suspension of Express Entry invitations to apply for the Federal High-Skilled streams has had an impact on PGWP holders, the Government introduced the temporary public policy to allow eligible PGWP applicants to apply for an open work permit within a 6-month intake period. Those who have already applied for TR2PR pathways may also obtain an open work permit.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs