On June 16, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced instructions for foreign nationals who are physically in Canada with temporary resident status but have received a letter of introduction (LOI) on their study or work permit application that was processed outside of Canada. Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, applicants who can’t leave or re-enter Canada to present their LOI for the examination can request the document issuance from within Canada using the IRCC Web form. The pilot process extended until August 31, 2021, and also applicable for foreign nationals who received the LOI under International Experience Canada (IEC).
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122