On June 2, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced the COVID-19 program delivery update for the Healthcare workers permanent residence pathway. The Government updated the instructions to add information related to the Ministerial stay of removal pursuant to paragraph 50(e) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). In addition, minor adjustments have been made to the guidelines for some aspects of application processing. These are preliminary review and triage; eligibility; admissibility; and making a final decision. This pathway is for eligible refugee claimants who provided direct patient health care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2021.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights