On June 2, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced the COVID-19 program delivery update for the Healthcare workers permanent residence pathway. The Government updated the instructions to add information related to the Ministerial stay of removal pursuant to paragraph 50(e) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). In addition, minor adjustments have been made to the guidelines for some aspects of application processing. These are preliminary review and triage; eligibility; admissibility; and making a final decision. This pathway is for eligible refugee claimants who provided direct patient health care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2021.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs