On August 24, 2021, the Government of Canada published special measures for Afghanistan that provide general guidance to officers who process the applications of Afghan refugees. New instructions, effective from August 23, 2021, will help prioritize processing family class applications, applications from protected persons in Canada and their overseas dependents, as well as the applications of resettled Afghan refugees’ families. According to new measures, applications of Afghan citizens who are immediate family members of Canadian citizens, persons registered under the Indian Act, or Canadian permanent residents; and Afghan citizens’ protected persons’ applications for the permanent residence where a family member currently residing outside of Canada will be prioritized by the Canadian Government.
- Everything international students need to know to prepare for their return trip to Canada
- Quebec conducted the second Arrima draw in a week
- Canada introduced special measures for Afghanistan
- Ontario invited 326 candidates under the Masters Graduate stream
- Canadian universities are again among the best
- Immigration modernization was discussed in a roundtable by the Public Policy Forum