On July 13, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced a guideline for special measures to support Hong Kong residents coming to Canada. Now, associate degrees under Education are also eligible for the issuance of an open work permit. In addition, Canada is going to issue national interest exemption letters to eligible open work permit holders. The Government also made minor reformatting to make the instructions easier for officers to read and navigate. Foreign nationals who hold a passport issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, or by the United Kingdom to a British National Overseas are considered as residents of Hong Kong and eligible to immigrate to Canada under special measures.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122