On July 13, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced a guideline for special measures to support Hong Kong residents coming to Canada. Now, associate degrees under Education are also eligible for the issuance of an open work permit. In addition, Canada is going to issue national interest exemption letters to eligible open work permit holders. The Government also made minor reformatting to make the instructions easier for officers to read and navigate. Foreign nationals who hold a passport issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, or by the United Kingdom to a British National Overseas are considered as residents of Hong Kong and eligible to immigrate to Canada under special measures.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory