Over the last week, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held new draws in the pools of International Experience Canada (IEC). From July 11 to July 17, Canada invited 1,293 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of July 15, there are 20,574 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 188 ITAs for Australia, 2 ITAs for Austria, 15 ITAs for Belgium, 4 ITAs for Chile, 7 ITAs for Costa Rica, 3 ITAs for Croatia, 20 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 4 ITAs for Denmark, 3 ITAs for Estonia, 287 ITAs for France, 69 ITAs for Germany, 9 ITAs for Greece, 5 ITAs for Hong Kong, 118 ITAs for Ireland, 41 ITAs for Italy, 110 ITAs for Japan, 1 ITA for Latvia, 1 ITA for Luxembourg, 14 ITAs for the Netherlands, 60 ITAs for New Zealand, 1 ITA for Norway, 19 ITAs for Poland, 20 ITAs for Portugal, 12 ITAs for Slovakia, 48 ITAs for Spain, 10 ITAs for Sweden, 6 ITAs for Switzerland, 1 ITA for Taiwan, 215 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In 2022, Canada issued 95,708 ITAs under the IEC Program.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs