On April 14, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry invitation round. In draw #182, IRCC invited candidates under the Provincial Nominee Program. IRCC issued Invitations to Apply (ITAs) to 266 provincial candidates, and the lowest score in this draw was 753 points, 25 points fewer than in the previous PNP-specific draw. The tie-breaking rule for this round March 01, 2021 at 15:22:18 UTC. As of April 12, 2021, there were 166,538 profiles in the system, 1,062 more compared to the previous update. In total, Canada invited 49,390 candidates to apply for permanent residence through Express Entry in 2021.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy