Over the last week, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held new draws in the pools of International Experience Canada (IEC). From May 9 to May 15, Canada invited 3,573 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of May 13, there are 21,198 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 290 ITAs for Australia, 52 ITAs for Austria, 28 ITAs for Belgium, 1 ITA for Chile, 1 ITA for Costa Rica, 2 ITAs for Croatia, 63 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 18 ITAs for Denmark, 4 ITAs for Estonia, 503 ITAs for France, 174 ITAs for Germany, 1 ITA for Greece, 21 ITAs for Hong Kong, 187 ITAs for Ireland, 75 ITAs for Italy, 144 ITAs for Japan, 162 ITAs for South Korea, 5 ITAs for Lithuania, 14 ITAs for the Netherlands, 91 ITAs for New Zealand, 2 ITAs for Norway, 24 ITAs for Poland, 30 ITAs for Portugal, 20 ITAs for Slovakia, 2 ITAs for Slovenia, 31 ITAs for Spain, 17 ITAs for Sweden, 4 ITAs for Switzerland, 14 ITAs for Taiwan, and 1,593 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In 2022, Canada issued 76,845 ITAs under the IEC Program.
- British Columbia invited up to 268 high-skilled candidates under the BCPNP
- Saskatchewan invited 1,146 skilled candidates under the SINP
- OINP invited 1,179 candidates in the Tech Draw under the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada held the largest Express Entry draw of 2022
- Quebec invited more than 1,000 candidates in the new Arrima draw
- Canada continues to protect temporary foreign workers