Over the last week, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held new draws in the pools of International Experience Canada (IEC). From February 7 to February 13, Canada invited 4,937 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of February 11, there are 33,845 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 1 ITA for Andorra, 191 ITAs for Australia, 100 ITAs for Belgium, 63 ITAs for Chile, 13 ITAs for Costa Rica, 6 ITAs for Croatia, 147 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 18 ITAs for Denmark, 4 ITAs for Estonia, 817 ITAs for France, 532 ITAs for Germany, 26 ITAs for Greece, 12 ITAs for Hong Kong, 743 ITAs for Ireland, 156 ITAs for Italy, 450 ITAs for Japan, 325 ITAs for South Korea, 10 ITAs for Latvia, 40 ITAs for Lithuania, 34 ITAs for the Netherlands, 61 ITAs for New Zealand, 4 ITAs for Norway, 87 ITAs for Poland, 47 ITAs for Portugal, 1 ITA for San Marino, 152 ITAs for Slovakia, 2 ITAs for Slovenia, 216 ITAs for Spain, 23 ITAs for Sweden, 8 ITAs for Switzerland, 127 ITAs for Taiwan, and 521 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In 2022, Canada issued 27,330 ITAs under the IEC Program.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs