Over the last week, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held new draws in the pools of International Experience Canada (IEC). From February 21 to February 27, Canada invited 4,974 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of February 25, there are 27,936 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 1 ITA for Andorra, 291 ITAs for Australia, 48 ITAs for Belgium, 103 ITAs for Chile, 17 ITAs for Costa Rica, 7 ITAs for Croatia, 93 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 15 ITAs for Denmark, 9 ITAs for Estonia, 1,227 ITAs for France, 316 ITAs for Germany, 15 ITAs for Greece, 14 ITAs for Hong Kong, 617 ITAs for Ireland, 103 ITAs for Italy, 252 ITAs for Japan, 500 ITAs for South Korea, 10 ITAs for Latvia, 41 ITAs for Lithuania, 62 ITAs for the Netherlands, 106 ITAs for New Zealand, 2 ITAs for Norway, 41 ITAs for Poland, 45 ITAs for Portugal, 2 ITAs for San Marino, 38 ITAs for Slovakia, 4 ITAs for Slovenia, 158 ITAs for Spain, 23 ITAs for Sweden, 14 ITAs for Switzerland, 105 ITAs for Taiwan, and 695 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In 2022, Canada issued 40,262 ITAs under the IEC Program.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs