On May 26, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry invitation round. In draw #189, IRCC invited candidates under the Provincial Nominee Program. Immigration Department issued Invitations to Apply (ITAs) to 500 provincial candidates, and the lowest score in this draw was 713 points, 39 points fewer than in the previous PNP-specific draw. The tie-breaking rule for this round April 6, 2021 at 09:50:14 UTC. In total, Canada invited 68,817 candidates to apply for permanent residence through Express Entry in 2021.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights