On September 15, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry draw. Draw #205 targeted candidates under the Provincial Nominee Program. IRCC invited 521 provincial candidates, and the cut-off score in this round was 732 points, 31 points fewer compared to the previous PNP-specific draw that occurred on September 1. The tie-breaking rule for this round was February 24, 2021, at 10:46:54 UTC. As of September 14, 2021, there are 179,055 profiles registered in the pool, 8,219 more compared to the previous update. In total, Canada issued 108,935 ITAs to foreign nationals through Express Entry in 2021.
- IRCC introduced new instructions for foreign workers with expiring PGWPs
- Canada’s tourism industry has bounced back to pre-pandemic levels
- British Columbia’s immigrant businessmen invested more than $21 million in the last year
- Nova Scotia relies on immigration to solve the healthcare labour shortage
- Canadian oil and gas companies increase monthly wages to attract more workers
- Canada welcomes record numbers of immigrants from Hong Kong