Over the last week, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held new draws in the pools of International Experience Canada (IEC). From June 6 to June 12, Canada invited 3,534 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of June 10, there are 19,980 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 151 ITAs for Australia, 4 ITAs for Austria, 40 ITAs for Belgium, 191 ITAs for Chile, 101 ITAs for Costa Rica, 6 ITAs for Croatia, 54 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 15 ITAs for Denmark, 4 ITAs for Estonia, 1,770 ITAs for France, 123 ITAs for Germany, 13 ITAs for Greece, 9 ITAs for Hong Kong, 125 ITAs for Ireland, 49 ITAs for Italy, 154 ITAs for Japan, 2 ITAs for Korea, 5 ITAs for Lithuania, 1 ITA for Luxembourg, 119 ITAs for the Netherlands, 53 ITAs for New Zealand, 4 ITAs for Norway, 20 ITAs for Poland, 21 ITAs for Portugal, 11 ITAs for Slovakia, 82 ITAs for Spain, 12 ITAs for Sweden, 4 ITAs for Switzerland, 2 ITAs for Taiwan, and 289 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In 2022, Canada issued 85,695 ITAs under the IEC Program.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs