The Government of Canada is gradually easing border measures for fully vaccinated foreign travellers that make it easier for International Experience Canada (IEC) candidates to travel to Canada. Now, proof of vaccination will be enough for fully vaccinated IEC candidates to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the Working Holiday program, without a need to provide proof of job offer. Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated IEC candidates are still subject to quarantine measures and must show proof of job offer arriving at a Canadian border. In addition, as of September 13, 2021, IEC began random draws to send out ITAs. Applicants, receiving an ITA, have to make sure they meet the requirements to enter Canada.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province