On February 28, 2022, Immigration Minister Sean Fraser said that about 4,000 applications of Ukrainian citizens have been approved by the Government since the conflict with Russia started. According to the minister, the Canadian Government has installed extra resources in offices in Poland, Austria, and Romania to manage the potential influx of applications and now more Ukrainians to come to Canada easily and safely. In addition, the Government also extended work, visitor, and student permits of Ukrainian citizens who currently reside in Canada and cannot return home.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs