On February 9, 2022, Statistics Canada published the results of the census conducted in the spring of 2021. According to the report, Canada leads the G7 countries for population growth. The report also states that immigration is the main source of Canadian population growth since four-fifth of the growth was due to immigrants. In addition, despite the pandemic, the Canadian population grows at almost twice the rate of every other G7 country from 2016 to 2021 and ranks seventh in the G20.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs